Enable hedged reads for HBase
You need to enable hedged read if a read operation from a HDFS block is slow.
- Go to the HBase service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select Scope > HBASE-1 (Service-Wide).
- Select Category > Performance.
- Configure the HDFS Hedged Read Threadpool Size and HDFS Hedged Read Delay Threshold properties. The descriptions for each of these properties on the configuration pages provide more information.
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes to commit the changes.