Enabling Admission Control
Enable admission control on all production clusters to alleviate possible capacity issues. The capacity issues could be because of a high volume of concurrent queries, because of heavy-duty join and aggregation queries that require large amounts of memory, or because Impala is being used alongside other Hadoop data management components and the resource usage of Impala must be constrained to work well.
- Navigate to .
- In the Configuration tab, navigate to .
- Select or clear both the Enable Impala Admission Control and the Enable Dynamic Resource Pools.
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes to commit the changes.
- Restart the Impala service.
- After completing this task, for further configuration settings, customize the configuration settings for the dynamic resource pools.