Hive unsupported interfaces and features in public clouds
You need to know the interfaces available in HDP or CDH platforms that are not supported in CDP.
The following interfaces are not supported:
- Hcat CLI (however, HCatalog is supported)
- Hive CLI (replaced by Beeline)
- Hive View UI feature in Ambari
- MapReduce execution engine (replaced by LLAP)
- Spark execution engine
- Spark thrift server
Spark and Hive tables interoperate using the Hive Warehouse Connector.
- SQL Standard Authorization
- Tez View UI feature in Ambari
You can use Hue in lieu of Hive View.