Configuring YARN Services using Cloudera Manager
You can enable and configure the YARN Services feature using Cloudera Manager.
YARN Services is enabled by default to ensure that any program that is dependent on it, for example Hive LLAP, can be installed. However you can disable it using Cloudera Manager.
If you want to actively use the YARN Services feature, Cloudera recommends to use Capacity Scheduler, which is the default scheduler, as only that scheduler type can fully support this feature.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the YARN service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select the YARN Services Management filter.
- Ensure that Enable YARN Services is checked.
Configure the YARN Services Dependencies Path to specify
the path where the YARN services dependencies tarball is uploaded.
Cloudera recommends using the default path:
- Click Save Changes.
If you changed the YARN Services Dependencies path, do the following:
- Click the Actions button.
- Select Install YARN Services Dependencies.
- Confirm that you want to run the Install YARN Servioces Dependencies comment by clicking the Install YARN Services Dependencies button.
- Once the command is run successfully, close the status window.
- Click the Stale Service Restart icon that is next to the service to invoke the cluster restart wizard.
- Click Restart Stale Services.
- Select Re-deploy client configuration.
- Click Restart Now.