Prerequisites for configuring an edge node on AWS for COD
Ensure that you meet all the prerequisites; otherwise you will be unable to configure an edge node on AWS.
Ensure that you meet the following requirements before starting to configure an edge node on AWS:
- Permission to log into the AWS account configured with CDP
- Permission to launch EC2 nodes in your AWS account
- Basic understanding of the VPC and subnets created for use with CDP
- A CDP environment and a Cloudera Operational Database (COD) in the environment in which you want the edge node to communicate
- Optional: A JSON processing tool such as jq