Configuring caching for secure access mode
You can enable or disable caching for the Hive Warehouse Connector (HWC) secure access mode to have finer control over read queries and ensure that the content updated outside of a Spark session is considered during reads. Caching is enabled by default because queries that run with caching enabled tend to run faster.
trueeither at a global-level, session-level, or at a runtime-level when running a query. Queries that run with caching disabled tend to run slower.
- Global-level — Specify the property in the spark-defaults.conf file.
- Session-level — Specify the property using the
.bin/spark-submit \ --conf "spark.hadoop.secure.access.cache.disable=true"
- Runtime-level — Specify the property just before running your
scala> spark.conf.set("spark.hadoop.secure.access.cache.disable","true") scala> hive.sql("select * from anytable").show
- Property passed at a run-time level
- Property passed at a Spark session-level
- Property set in the spark-defaults.conf file