Configuring rolling restart checks
You can configure Cloudera Manager to perform different types of checks on Kafka brokers during a rolling restart. The type of check performed by Cloudera Manager is configured with the Cluster Health Guarantee During Rolling Restart property. The property has multiple settings, each setting corresponds to a different type of check.
The following steps walk you through the basic configuration method of how you can enable and configure rolling restart checks.
If your Kafka service is configured to use custom listeners, complete Configuring the client configuration used for rolling restart checks before continuing with this task.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the Kafka service.
- Go to Configuration.
- Find and configure the Cluster Health Guarantee During Rolling
Restart property. Select one of the available options. Click the ? icon next to the property's name to reveal a full description of each option and the check that they correspond to.
- Optional: Fine-tune rolling restart check behaviour by configuring the
- Maximum Allowed Runtime For Kafka Broker Rolling Restart Check
- Retry Interval For Kafka Broker Rolling Restart Check
- Default API Timeout For Kafka Topics Client Used In Kafka Broker Rolling Restart Check
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart the Kafka service.