Managing collections in Search
A collection in Cloudera Search refers to a repository for indexing and querying documents. Collections typically contain the same types of documents with similar schemas.
To start using Solr and indexing data, you must configure a collection to hold the index.
- Any additional files referenced in the
solrconfig.xml file contains all of the Solr settings for a given
collection, and the
schema.xml file specifies the schema that Solr uses
when indexing documents. For more details on how to configure a collection, see
solrctl consists of:
- Establishing a configuration.
- If using configs, creating a config object from a template.
- If using instance directories, generating an instance directory and uploading it to ZooKeeper.
- Creating a collection associated with the name of the config or instance directory.
Collections are managed using the
solrctl commandline utility.