Configuring node attribute for application master placement
Use the Node Attribute property to describe the attributes of a Node. The placement preference assigns nodes as worker nodes or compute nodes using the Node Attribute property. Application Master (AM) container is placed to run on worker nodes instead of compute nodes. The worker group is more stable because YARN ResourceManager and HDFS NameNode run in it. Also, the worker group nodes are less likely to be shut down due to autoscaling.
By default, a script runs to tag nodes as worker nodes or compute nodes using the node attribute mapping rule. AM containers are placed to run on worker nodes instead of compute nodes. You can disable the script to not make a placement preference for running AM containers.
- In Cloudera Manager, click Clusters > YARN.
- Go to the Configuration tab.
- Search for nm yarn-site.xml.
- Set the below property using advanced configuration snippet (safety-valve).
Name: yarn.nodemanager.node-attributes.provider Value: config
- Click Save.
- Click Actions and select Restart to restart the service.