Manage HBase snapshots on Amazon S3 in Cloudera Manager
You can manage your snaphots stored on Amazon S3 using Cloudera Manager.
- On the HBase service page in Cloudera Manager, click the Table Browser tab.
- Select a table in the Table Browser. If any recent local or remote snapshots already exist, they display on the right side.
- In the dropdown for the selected table, click Take Snapshot.
- Enter a name in the Snapshot Name field of the Take Snapshot dialog box.
- If Amazon S3 storage is configured, the Take Snapshot dialog box Destination section shows a choice of Local or Remote S3. Select Remote S3.
Click Take Snapshot.
While the Take Snapshot command is running, a local copy of the snapshot with a name beginning
cm-tmpfollowed by an auto-generated filename is displayed in the Table Browser. This local copy is deleted as soon as the remote snapshot has been stored in Amazon S3. If the command fails without being completed, the temporary local snapshot might not be deleted. This copy can be manually deleted or kept as a valid local snapshot. To store a current snapshot in Amazon S3, run the Take Snapshot command again, selecting Remote S3 as the Destination, or use the HBase command-line tools to manually export the existing temporary local snapshot to Amazon S3.