Configure NodeManager heartbeat
You can control how many containers can be allocated in each NodeManager heartbeat.
To configure NodeManager heartbeat for all queues, perform the following:
- In Cloudera Manager, select the Clusters > YARN Queue Manager UI service. A graphical queue hierarchy is displayed in the Overview tab.
- Click the Scheduler Configuration tab.
- Select the Enable Multiple Assignments Per Heartbeat checkbox to allow multiple container assignments in one NodeManager heartbeat.
- Configure the following NodeManager heartbeat properties:
- Maximum Container Assignments Per Heartbeat - The maximum number of containers that can be assigned in one NodeManager heartbeat. Setting this value to -1 disables this limit.
- Maximum Off-Switch Assignments Per Heartbeat - The maximum number of off-switch containers that can be assigned in one NodeManager heartbeat.
- Click Save.