Enabling the Telemetry Publisher Service
Activating the Telemetry Publisher service for Workload XM.
Verify that you have the following values before enabling the Telemetry Publisher service, as you will be required to supply their values during this task.
- The Telemetry Publisher access credentials, which are required to register the Telemetry Publisher account.
- The name of the node that contains the Workload XM Databus API
Server role, by doing the following:
- In Cloudera Manager, select Hosts and then Roles.
- Search for the Workload XM Databus API Server role and record its host name. For example:
- In a supported web browser on a Workload cluster, log in to Cloudera Manager.
- In Cloudera Manager, select Clusters, locate and select Cloudera Management Service, and then select the Configuration tab.
Search for the Telemetry Publisher Advanced Configuration Snippet
(Safety Valve) for telemetrypublisher.conf property and in its
text field enter the following using the Workload XM Database API
Server host name that you recorded as a prerequisite for these steps:
- If you have enabled TLS/SSL for the Databus API Server (ssl.enabled), enter https.
- If you have not enabled TLS/SSL for the Databus API Server, enter http.
- Click Save.
Back in the Cloudera Manager Home page, from the navigation panel, select
Administration and then External
- In the External Accounts page, click the Altus Credentials tab, which displays your resource access account certificates.
Add a new Telemetry Publisher access account certificate by clicking
Add Access Key Authentication and then in the Add
Access Key Authentication dialog box do the following:
- In the Name field, enter an identifiable name for the Telemetry Publisher access key account.
- In the Altus Access Key ID field, enter the Telemetry Publisher Altus access key text exactly as provided.
From the Altus Private Key list, select
Choose File and then browse and select your
Telemetry Publisher Altus private key file.
- Click Add, which saves the credentials as an Altus account certificate using the account name you provided and adds it on the Altus Credentials External Accounts page.
- Back in the Cloudera Manager Home page, from the navigation panel, select Administration and then Settings.
Under the Filter CATEGORY section, select Altus.
Which populates the Settings page with your Telemetry Publisher access key accounts.
- From the Altus options, select the Telemetry Publisher Altus account certificate option that you require for this Workload Cluster. In this case, the name you provided in step 7a.
- Click Save Changes.
- Back in the Cloudera Manager Home page, in the Cloudera Management Service section at the bottom of the Status page, select Cloudera Management Service.
- In the Health Tests section, select Telemetry Publisher.
- From the Actions menu, select Start this Telemetry Publisher.
- In the Start message, confirm starting the Telemetry Publisher Service on your cluster by clicking Start.
- Monitor the start progress until the Successfully started service message appears and then click Close.