Workload XM Installation Overview
A brief overview of the tasks required to successfully install Workload XM on a dedicated cluster within your environment.
Installing Workload XM requires the following tasks that are performed by you:
- Creating a CDP cluster for Workload XM that contains a minimum of 5 nodes and that is managed by Cloudera Manager.
- Verifying that your environment's system has the required supported software and hardware and the required network services and devices for installing Workload XM.
- Performing the pre-installation tasks.
- Downloading the Workload XM installation files from the Cloudera Downloads website to the host server on your Workload XM cluster.
- Activating the Workload XM parcel files, enabling secure communication and data encryption between components, Workload XM on-premises, and your Workload clusters, and setting the required Workload XM component configurations.
- Adding the Workload XM service in Cloudera Manager.
- Verifying the cluster network topology of your Workload XM environment.
Follow these guidelines to ensure a successful Workload XM installation:
- Decide on the type of Workload XM environment that best suites your business requirements.
- Read the system requirements. This ensures that your Workload XM cluster has the required base hardware and software.
- Read the installation pre-requisites and installation steps. This ensures that you understand the tasks required and how they are completed.
- Understand what software services are required and what account information is needed when configuring dependent services. Third-party software services, such as LDAP and network and firewall security, must be configured by you. For example, your SSL key pair file locations and private key are required during installation.
- Record all the required configuration values, such as host names, port numbers, user names and passwords.
- During the pre-installation tasks, record any new configuration values as you create them. You will be required to enter these configuration values later when you install and deploy Workload XM.
- After installing Workload XM, verify that the software stack installed successfully.