Creating a Workload XM Cost Center
Create Workload XM cost centers that enable you to display your current and historical workload cluster and resource costs that can be used for planning, budgeting, and forecasting future workload environments.
Verify that you are logged in to the Workload XM web UI.
- In the URL field of a supported web browser, enter the Workload XM URL that you were given by your system administrator and press Enter.
- When the Workload XM Log in page opens, enter your Workload XM user name and password access credentials.
- Click Log in.
- From the Workload XM Navigation side-bar, select Chargeback.
- Globally define your cost center criteria and memory and CPU costs by clicking Chargeback Setup.
From the Setup page, do the following:
- From the Select Chargeback criteria section,
select your cluster's chargeback criteria.
- From the Cluster list of the Cluster Selection section, select the clusters required for your cost centers. Where, the cost calculations use resource utilization for each of your chosen clusters.
- In the CPU field of the Unit cost section, enter the amount, in dollars, for each CPU core hour.
- In the Memory field of the Unit cost section, enter the amount, in dollars, for each Gigabyte hour.
- Click Complete Setup.
- From the Select Chargeback criteria section, select your cluster's chargeback criteria.
From the Chargeback page, create a new cost center by clicking
Create a Cost Center.
- In the Name field, enter a unique name for your cost center.
- (Optional) In the Description field, enter a meaningful description for the cost center.
- Depending on the Chargeback criteria value you selected when you
configured your Chargeback settings, do one of the following:
- If you selected Pool, in the Add Pools field, enter one or multiple resource pools.
- If you selected User, in the Add Users field, enter one or multiple users.
- Click Create.