Displaying the Metadata of a Table
Steps for displaying a table's metadata that could be causing a query to run slowly.
Verify that you are logged in to the Workload XM web UI.
- In the URL field of a supported web browser, enter the Workload XM URL that you were given by your system administrator and press Enter.
- When the Workload XM Log in page opens, enter your Workload XM user name and password access credentials.
- Click Log in.
- In the Search field of the Clusters page, enter the name of the cluster whose workloads you want to analyze.
- From the Navigation side-bar, select Summary.
In the Queries page, select the query of interest and then select the
HDFS Tables Scanned tab.
For example, the Duration column shows that the query took over six hours to run and the HDFS Tables Scanned section displays the metadata for the tables that were scanned.
- To display details about the table's file size distribution, select a table name.