Displaying the Metadata of a Table
Steps for displaying a table's metadata that could be causing a query to run slowly.
In a supported web browser, log in to the Workload XM UI by doing
- In the web browser URL field, enter wxm.cloudera.com and press Enter.
- In the Email Address and Password fields, enter the email address and password associated with your Workload XM user credentials.
- Click Log In.
- In the Search field of the Clusters page, enter the name of the cluster whose workloads you want to analyze.
- From the navigation panel under Data Warehouse, select Summary.
In the Queries page, select the query of interest and then select the
HDFS Tables Scanned tab.
For example, the Duration column shows that the query took over six hours to run and the HDFS Tables Scanned section displays the metadata for the tables that were scanned.
- To display the file size distribution details for a table, click the Table name .