Ambari Views terminology
The following are Views terms you should be familiar with:
- Views framework
- The core framework that is used to develop a View: similar to a Java web application.
- View definition
- The View resources and core View properties, such as name, version, and any necessary configuration properties. Ambari reads View definition during deployment.
- View package
- A bundle of View client and server assets (and dependencies) that is ready to deploy to Ambari.
- View deployment
- The process of instantiating a View instance in Ambari, which makes that View available to Ambari Admins for creating instances.
- View name
- The unique identifier for a View. A View can have one or more versions. The name is defined in the View Definition (created by the View Developer) and built into the View Package.
- View version
- The uniquely named version of a View. Multiple versions of a View (uniquely identified by View name) can be deployed to Ambari.
- View instance
- The instantiation of a specific View version. Instances are created and configured by Ambari Admins and must have a unique View instance name.
- View instance name
- The unique identifier of a specific instance of a View.
- framework services
- View context, instance data, configuration properties, and events