Tuning JVM settings for Solr
Heap sizing settings are very important for production Solr instances.
- In Ambari Web, browse to .
- In Settings, you will see two sliders controlling the Infra Solr Heap Size.
- Set the Infra Solr Minimum Heap Size to 12GB or 12,288MB.
- Set the Infra Solr Maximum Heap Size to 12GB or 12,288MB.
- Click Save to save the configuration.
Restart the affected services as prompted by Ambari.
The value used for the -XX:G1HeapRegionSize is based on the 12GB Solr Maximum Heap recommended. If you choose to use a different heap size for the Solr server, please consult the following table for recommendations:
Table 1. Garbage Collection Heap Size Requirements for Solr Heap Size G1HeapRegionSize < 4GB 1MB 4-8GB 2MB 8-16GB 4MB 16-32GB 8MB 32-64GB 16MB >64GB 32MB