Adding the DAS service
You must specify the same configuration values that you extracted earlier in the process while you are adding the DAS service through the Ambari UI.
On the Ambari UI, click
. The Add Service Wizard is displayed.
On the Choose Services page of the Wizard, select
Data Analytics Studio.
Other required services are automatically selected.
When prompted to confirm the addition of dependent services, give a positive
confirmation to all.
This adds the other required services.
- On the Assign Masters page, assign the hosts on which you had installed the existing DAS Webapp and the Event Processor.
On the Customize Services page, expand
Advance_data_analytics_studio-database and fill in
the database details and other required fields that are highlighted.
- You must specify the same database name, username, and password in Ambari while configuring DAS after the upgrade.
- Enter a password in the password field. Do not leave this field empty.
- If you are using a managed Postgres database, then leave the Create Data Analytics Studio database checkbox in checked state, and do not specify the database hostname in the Data Analytics Studio database hostname field.
- If you are using a custom Postgres database, then uncheck the Create Data Analytics Studio database checkbox, and specify the same database hostname in the Data Analytics Studio database hostname field on which your database is running.
In the user_authentication field, specify the
authentication method that you want to use. You can specify one of the
NoteThe user_authentication field replaces the knox_sso_enabled checkbox from DAS 1.3.0 onward.You can configure the user authentication separately, after you have added the DAS service. See Configuring user authentication.
- NONE: Specify NONE if you do not want to enable user authentication. In this case, all the queries will be executed as the hive service user.
- KNOX_SSO: Specify KNOX_SSO to enable single sign-on experience to authenticate users as configured in the Knox SSO topology.
- KNOX_PROXY: Specify KNOX_PROXY to use DAS behind a Knox proxy. The user is authenticated as configured in the Knox proxy topology. It also enables SPNEGO authentication.
- SPNEGO: Specify SPNEGO to authenticate users using a token-based authentication.
- In rest of the fields, enter the same configuration values as they were in the existing DAS configuration. You can find the configuration details in the file that you saved while Backing up the configuration.
- Complete the remaining installation wizard steps and exit the wizard.
- Ensure that all components required for the DAS service start successfully.
- Make sure to restart all the affected services in Ambari.