Configure an external database
Although DataPlane includes an embedded PostgreSQL database, the embedded database is intended for nonproduction use. It is strongly recommended to use an external database for production environments. After installing the database following the instructions provided with the database software, you must set up the database for use with DataPlane.
- PostgreSQL database is supported in this version.
- Refer to the DataPlane Support Matrix for requirements and supported
Be sure to have the database URI, username, and password available.
- The PostgreSQL database must have been installed and properly configured for remote access.
- A database must have been created.
- A database user must have been created and assigned permissions for the new database.
Open the <installer_home>/config.env.sh file for editing.
Modify the DB Configs settings to add the appropriate connection information.
USE_EXTERNAL_DB="yes" DATABASE_URI="jdbc:postgresql://<host_name>:5432/<database_name>" DATABASE_USER="<user_name>" DATABASE_PASS="<password>"
If you need to connect to the database through an SSL connection, modify the DATABASE_URI parameter in the above example as follows:
Your external database is now set up so that you can configure it for DataPlane during DataPlane installation.