Configure Schema Registry
The main Schema Registry configuration task you have is to establish a connection between Schema Registry and the database you are going to use as the metadata store.
- In the Customize Services step, navigate to the REGISTRY CONFIG section of the Registry tab.
- Select Jar Storage Type. If you plan to enable HA for Schema Registry on this cluster, you must select HDFS.
- If you selected HDFS as the Jar Storage Type,
configure Jar Storage HDFS URL. This specifies the HDFS
location where you want the jars to be stored. For example,
- Set jar.storage to the directory location where you want to store .jar files for serializers and deserializers.
- Configure the REGISTRY STORAGE configurations based on the database you created to use as the Schema Registry metadata store.
- Ensure that the Schema Registry storage connector URL has the fully qualified host name for the database installation location, the connector URL, and the default port for the database selected.
MYSQL example: jdbc:mysql://FQDN_MYSQL:3306/registry Postgres Example: jdbc:postgresql://FQDN_POSTGRES:5432/registry