Install Ranger KMS HSM via Ambari with a plain text password
How to install the Ranger KMS HSM via Ambari with a plain text password.
- Install the SafeNet Luna SA Client software (link below).
- You must have a separate partition for each KMS cluster.
- Complete “Installing the Ranger Key Management Service” up to configuring KMS settings.
On the KMS HSM tab, select Yes under Ranger KMS Enabled, then set the
- HSM Type: Luna Provider
- HSM Partition: Enter the HSM partition name.
- HSM partition password alias: Leave this set to the default value.
- HSM Password: Enter a password for HSM.
- Click Next and follow the instructions to finish installing Ranger KMS.