Manually Update Ambari Solr Audit Settings
You can save and store Ranger audits to Solr if you have installed and configured the Solr service in your cluster.
- From the Ambari dashboard, select the Ranger service. Select Configs > Advanced, then scroll down and select Advanced ranger-admin-site.
Set the following property value:
ranger.audit.source.type = solr.
On the Ranger Configs tab, select Ranger Audit. The SolrCloud button should
be set to ON. The SolrCloud configuration settings are loaded automatically when the
SolrCloud button is set from OFF to ON, but you can also manually update the
Audits to Solr requires that you have already “Configure Externally-Managed SolrCloud”.
Restart the Ranger service:
service ranger-admin restart.
- After the Ranger service has been restarted, you will then need to make specific configuration changes for each plugin to ensure that the plugin's data is captured in Solr.
For example, if you would like to configure HBase for audits to Solr, perform the
- Select the Audit to Solr checkbox in Advanced ranger-hbase-audit.
- Enable the Ranger plugin for HBase.
- Restart the HBase component.
Verify that the Ranger audit logs are being passed to Solr by opening one of the
following URLs in a web browser:
- For HDP Search's Solr Instance:
- For Ambari Infra's Solr