Create your cluster
Once you have met the prerequisites, you are ready to create your Streams Messaging cluster in CDP Public Cloud using a default cluster definition. For this, you must select the cluster definition that matches your cloud provider for the environment and further choose from the light and heavy duty options available.
Once you have met the prerequisites, you are ready to create your Streams Messaging cluster using a default cluster definition.
- Log into the CDP web interface.
- Navigate to , and select the environment where you would like to create a cluster.
- Click Create Data Hub.The following page is displayed:
- Select Cluster Definition.
- Select the appropriate streams messaging cluster definition from the
Cluster Definition dropdown depending on your operational
There are two definition options available:
Streams Messaging Heavy Duty for AWS
Streams Messaging Light Duty for AWS
Streams Messaging Heavy Duty for Azure
Streams Messaging Light Duty for Azure
Streams Messaging Heavy Duty for GCP
Streams Messaging Light Duty for GCP
For more information on templates, see Planning your Streams Messaging deployment.
The list of services is automatically shown below the selected cluster definition name.
- Give the cluster a name and add any tags you might need.You can define tags that will be applied to your cluster-related resources on your cloud provider account. For more information about tags, see Tags.
- Optional: Use the Advanced Options section to
customize the infrastructure settings.
- Optional: Configure Heavy Duty clusters for SRM.SRM is not provisioned by default when using the Streams Messaging Heavy Duty definition. If you are using this definition and want to have SRM deployed in the cluster, set the Instance Count of the Srm nodes host group to at least 1.
- Go to .
- Locate the Srm nodes host group and click to edit host group details.
- Set the Instance Count to at least 1.
- Click to save your changes.
- Click Provision Cluster.
- If you configured Attached Volume per Instances and the volume count is not identical for the Broker and Core_brokers host groups, continue with Configure data directories for clusters with custom disk configurations.
- If you did not customize Attached Volume per Instances or customized it in a way that the volume count remained identical for the Brokers and Core_brokers host groups, continue with Give users access to your cluster.