Known issues in Cruise Control
Learn about the known issues in Cruise Control, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- Cruise Control might fail after CDP Private Cloud Base upgrade
- When upgrading to a new version of CDP Private Cloud Base, during the restart Cruise Control might fail. Cruise Control needs metrics from Cloudera Manager to start up properly. After the upgrade, the metric collector might need more attempts to restart than it is configured in default. This can cause Cruise Control to fail after the upgrade.
- In Cloudera Manager, go to .
- Search for Process Start Retry Attempts.
- Set the value to 20 for Process Start Retry Attempts.
After setting the value, continue the upgrade after restarting Cruise Control.
- Cruise Control might fail at first run
- When you install Cruise Control either individually or using the Compute Cluster - StreamingMessaging(Full) deployment, Cruise Control might fail at the first run. This is caused by the difference between the Security Protocol in Kafka and in Cruise Control.
To avoid and solve this issue, see the Add Cruise Control documentation.