Considerations for configuring High Availability on Storage Container Manager
Similar to configuring High Availability (HA) for the Ozone Manager (OM), there are various factors that you must consider when configuring HA for the Storage Container Manager (SCM).
- SCM HA is supported only on new CDP cluster deployments starting with CDP 7.1.7. You can configure SCM HA when adding Ozone as a service through Cloudera Manager.
- To configure SCM HA, you require at least three nodes as SCM hosts so that one SCM node is the leader and the remaining nodes are the followers. The SCM nodes automatically elect a leader.
- You must specify one of the three SCM host names as the primordial node using the ozone.scm.primordial.node.id property. In addition, you must specify the SCM service ID using the ozone.scm.service.id property.
- If a primordial SCM node is inaccessible, new SCM nodes cannot join an HA configuration.
- After you have configured the HA cluster, ensure that you do not change the SCM Ratis port number (9894).