Production Installation: Installing Cloudera Manager, Cloudera Runtime, and Managed Services
This procedure is recommended for installing Cloudera Manager and Cloudera Runtime for production environments. For a non-production trial install see Installing the CDP Private Cloud Base Trial.
Before you begin the installation, make sure you have reviewed the requirements and other considerations described in Before You Install.
If you want to install Cloudera Manager with high availability, there are several additional steps, including installing the Cloudera Manager software on an additional host. See Configuring Cloudera Manager for High Availability.Do not start the additional instance of Cloudera Manager until all of the installation steps including setting up a cluster are completed.
The general steps in the installation procedure are as follows:
- Step 1: Configure a Repository for Cloudera Manager
- Step 2: Install Java Development Kit
- Step 3: Install Cloudera Manager Server
- Step 4: Install Python 3.8 for Hue
- Step 5. Install and Configure Databases
- Step 6: Set up and configure the Cloudera Manager database
- Step 7: Install Runtime and Other Software
- Step 8: Set Up a Cluster Using the Wizard
- Step 9: (optional) Enable high availability for Cloudera Manager