Migrating a YARN Queue Manager database to an external database
Post installation, you must migrate your YARN Queue Manager database to a PostgreSQL external database. This migration is needed because Queue Manager uses a different database as its backing store than what was used in previous versions of Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) 7.1.8 and below. Once you have configured the database as detailed in the steps below, the data migration process is automatic.
CREATE ROLE qmadmin PASSWORD 'password' SUPERUSER CREATEDB CREATEROLE INHERIT LOGIN; CREATE DATABASE "configstore"; ALTER DATABASE "configstore" OWNER TO qmadmin;
- In your Cloudera Manager instance, navigate to .
- Click the Configuration tab.
- In the left navigation menu under Category, click Database.
Enter the following fields that are required for the PostgreSQL database that
is to be used. You will have these values from the query that was run in the
- QueueManager Config Service Database Name
- QueueManager Config Service Database Host
- QueueManager Config Service Database Port
- QueueManager Config Service Database User
- QueueManager Config Service Database User Password
- Click Save Changes.
- In Queue Manager, navigate to Actions and click Restart. The data migration to the PostgreSQLdata database may take a few minutes after Queue Manager is restarted.