Support matrix for Replication Manager on CDP Private Cloud Base
CDP Private Cloud Base Replication Manager can replicate HDFS directories, Hive external tables, Impala data, Hive ACID tables, Iceberg tables, Ranger policies and roles for HDFS, Hive, and HBase services, and data in Ozone buckets.
Replicate from CDH and CDP Private Cloud Base source clusters
The following tables list the source and destination clusters, lowest supported versions of Cloudera Manager, and the services that are available for each supported cloud provider for CDH and CDP Private Cloud Base source clusters; ensure that the target database name is the same as the source database name, otherwise issues appear during or after data replication:
|Source cluster||Lowest supported source Cloudera Manager version||Lowest supported source Cloudera Runtime version||Lowest supported destination cluster version||Supported services on Replication Manager|
|6.3.0||5.10||CDP Private Cloud Base 7.0.3||HDFS, Sentry to Ranger*, Hive external tables|
|*To perform Sentry to Ranger replication using HDFS and Hive external table replication policies, you must have installed Cloudera Manager version 6.3.1 and higher on the source cluster and Cloudera Manager version 7.1.1 and higher on the target cluster.|
|Source cluster||Lowest supported source Cloudera Manager version||Lowest supported source Cloudera Runtime version||Destination cluster||Supported services on Replication Manager|
|CDP Private Cloud Base||7.1.1||7.1.1||CDP Private Cloud Base||
|CDP Private Cloud Base||7.7.1||7.1.8||CDP Private Cloud Base||
|CDP Private Cloud Base||7.7.1 CHF4||7.1.8||CDP Private Cloud Base||Ozone buckets|
|CDP Private Cloud Base||7.11.3||7.1.9||CDP Private Cloud Base||
|CDP Private Cloud Base||7.11.3 CHF1||7.1.9||CDP Private Cloud Base||Replicate Hive external tables between Dell EMC Isilon storage clusters.|
Replicate HDFS and Hive data to and from cloud storage
- Replicate to and from Amazon S3 from CDH 5.14+ and Cloudera
Manager version 5.13+.
Replication Manager does not support S3 as a source or destination when S3 is configured to use SSE-KMS.
- Replicate to and from Microsoft ADLS Gen1 from CDH 5.13+ and Cloudera Manager 5.15, 5.16, 6.1+.
- Replicate to Microsoft ADLS Gen2 (ABFS) from CDH 5.13+ and Cloudera Manager 6.1+.
- Supports snapshots from CDH 5.15+ and Cloudera Manager 5.15+.
Starting in Cloudera Manager 6.1.0, Replication Manager ignores Hive tables backed by Kudu during replication. The change does not affect functionality since Replication Manager does not support tables backed by Kudu. This change was made to guard against data loss due to how the Hive Metastore, Impala, and Kudu interact.
Supported replication scenarios
- Replication Manager supports the following replication scenarios when
Kerberos authentication is used on a cluster:
- Secure source to a secure destination.
- Insecure source to an insecure destination.
- Insecure source to a secure destination. The following requirements
must be met for this scenario:
- When a destination cluster has multiple source clusters, all the source clusters must either be secure or insecure. Replication Manager does not support a mix of secure and insecure source clusters.
- The destination cluster must run Cloudera Manager 7.x or higher.
- The source cluster must run a compatible Cloudera Manager version.
- This replication scenario requires additional configuration. For more information, see Replicating from unsecure to secure clusters.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- You can use TLS with Replication Manager. Additionally, Replication Manager supports replication scenarios where TLS is enabled for non-Hadoop services (Hive/Impala) and TLS is disabled Hadoop services (such as HDFS,YARN, and MapReduce).
- Apache Knox
- When Cloudera Manager is configured with Knox and the source and target clusters are Knox-SSO enabled, you must ensure that you use the Cloudera Manager port in the peer URL when you add the source and target clusters as peers.
Replicate from HDP 2 and HDP 3 source clusters
Replicating to and from HDP to Cloudera Manager 7.x is not supported by Replication Manager. However, you can replicate data using other methods. The following table lists the methods and the supported data replications to CDP Private Cloud Base clusters that are supported:
|Lowest supported source version||Services that require alternate replication methods|
Use DistCp to replicate data.
Use DistCp to replicate data.
|HDP 3.1.5||Hive ACID tables to CDP 7.1.6 and higher clusters. Use REPL commands to replicate data.|