Known Issues in Apache Oozie
Learn about the known issues in Oozie, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- CDPD-53637: Allow noexec option for /tmp to be enabled
- Oozie does not support a noexec environment.
- CDPD-41274: HWC + Oozie issue: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri
Currently only Spark cluster mode is supported in the Oozie Spark Action with Hive Warehouse Connector (HWC).
- Use Spark action in cluster mode.
Use Spark action in cluster mode. <spark xmlns="uri:oozie:spark-action:1.0"> ... <mode>cluster</mode> ... </spark>
- CDPD-26975: Using the ABFS / S3A connectors in an Oozie workflow where the operations are "secured" may trigger an IllegalArgumentException with the error message java.net.URISyntaxException: Relative path in absolute URI.
- Set the following XML configuration in the Datahub cluster's Cloudera Manager:
- In the Cloudera Manager Admin Console, go to the Oozie service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- In the Oozie Server Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety
Valve) for oozie-site.xml field, set the
following:Set the following if you are using Amazon S3:
<property> <name>oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.fs.s3a</name> <value>fs.s3a.buffer.dir=/tmp/s3a</value> </property>Set the following if you are using ABFS:
<property> <name>oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.fs.abfs</name> <value>fs.azure.buffer.dir=/tmp/abfs</value> </property> <property><name> oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.fs.abfss</name> <value>fs.azure.buffer.dir=/tmp/abfss</value> </property>
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Change to commit the changes.
- Restart the Oozie service.
- OOZIE-3549: Oozie fails to start when Cloudera Manager 7.x is used with Cloudera Runtime 6.x and Java 11 because Oozie does not set the trust-store password.
- The issue is fixed in OOZIE-3549 and is already included in CDP 7.x but not in CDH 6.x. If you are on CDH 6.x and want to upgrade to Java 11 or your Cloudera Manager to 7.x then you must request for a patch.
- Oozie jobs fail (gracefully) on secure YARN clusters when JobHistory server is down
If the JobHistory server is down on a YARN (MRv2) cluster, Oozie attempts to submit a job, by default, three times. If the job fails, Oozie automatically puts the workflow in a
- When the JobHistory server is running again, use the
resumecommand to inform Oozie to continue the workflow from the point at which it left off.
- Unsupported Feature
The following Oozie features are currently not supported in Cloudera Data Platform:
- Non-support for Pig action (CDPD-1070)
- Conditional coordinator input logic
Cloudera does not support using Derby database with Oozie. You can use it for testing or debugging purposes, but Cloudera does not recommend using it in production environments. This could cause failures while upgrading from CDH to CDP.