Step 11: Finalize the HDFS or Ozone Upgrade
Steps to finalize the HDFS or Ozone upgrade. This step is required only when Apache Hadoop version changes.
Loading Filters ... 7.7.3 7.7.1 7.6.7 7.6.1 7.5.1 7.4.4 7.3.1 7.2.4 7.1.4 7.1.3 7.1.2 7.1.1 7.0.3 5.16 5.15 5.14 5.13 7.11.3 5.16 5.15 5.14 5.13 7.1.9 22.214.171.1240 7.1.8 126.96.36.1990 7.1.7 7.1.6 7.1.5 7.1.4 7.1.3 7.1.2 7.1.1
To determine if you can finalize the upgrade, run important workloads and ensure that they are successful. After you have finalized the upgrade, you cannot roll back to a previous version of HDFS without using backups. Verifying that you are ready to finalize the upgrade can take a long time.
- Deleting files does not free up disk space.
- Using the balancer causes all moved replicas to be duplicated.
- All on-disk data representing the NameNodes metadata is retained, which could more than double the amount of space required on the NameNode and JournalNode disks.
- Go to the HDFS service.
- Click the Instances tab.
- Click the link for the NameNode instance. If you have enabled
high availability for HDFS, click the link labeled
The NameNode instance page displays.
- Select and click Finalize Metadata Upgrade to confirm.
Finalize Ozone upgrade
To complete the upgrade of Ozone services, you must finalize the upgrade. For more information, see Upgrading Ozone parcels.