Enabling Cloudera Data Engineering
Before you can use the Cloudera Data Engineering (CDE) service, you must enable it on each environment that you want to use CDE on.
- Log in to the CDP web interface and click on the Data Engineering service.
- In the CDE Services column, click or Enable new CDE Service to enable CDE for an environment.
- On the Enable CDE Service page, specify a name for the CDE service.
- Select your environment from the Environment drop-down menu.
Select the Workload Type.
The workload type corresponds to the instance size that will be deployed to run your submitted Spark jobs. When you select a type, the corresponding cloud provider instance size is displayed in the Summary section to the right.For proof of concept of this pattern, you can select General - Medium.
- Accept the default settings for the Autoscale Range.
- Select the Enable Public Endpoint option under the Networks section.
- Click Enable.