Visualizing Spark Applications Using the Web Application UI
Every Spark application launches a web application UI that displays useful information about the application.
The web application UI includes the following information:
- An event timeline that displays the relative ordering and interleaving of application events. The timeline view is available on three levels: across all jobs, within one job, and within one stage. The timeline also shows executor allocation and deallocation.
- A list of stages and tasks.
- The execution directed acyclic graph (DAG) for each job.
- A summary of RDD sizes and memory usage.
- Environment - runtime information, property settings, library paths.
- Information about Spark SQL jobs.
The web UI is available in different ways depending on whether the application is running or has completed.