Creating a CDSW data connection to a data warehouse
Learn how to connect natively to data stored in a data warehouse when using Data Visualization in Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW).
You must connect to your data prior to using the data modeling and visualization functionalities. The following steps show you how to create a new CDSW data connection to a running Impala system.
When you create a connection, you automatically gain privileges to create and manage datasets associated with this connection, and to build dashboards and visuals within these datasets.
- For more information on the Manage data connections privilege, see RBAC permissions.
- For instructions on how to define privileges for a specific role, see Setting role privileges.
- For instructions on how to assign the administrator role to a user, see Promoting a user to administrator.
- On the main navigation bar, click DATA.The DATA interface appears, open on the Datasets tab.
- In the Data side menu bar, click NEW
CONNECTION.The Create New Data Connection modal window appears.
- Select a Connection type from the drop-down list, and provide a name for the connection.
- Enter the hostname or IP address of the running coordinator.
- Under Port #, enter the port number.
- Use your workload username and password as credentials.
- Click the Advanced tab and make the appropriate
- Click TEST.If the connection is valid, the system returns a Connection Verified message.
- Click CONNECT.