Creating a Data Visualization instance in CDW
Learn how to create a Cloudera Data Visualization (CDV) instance in the Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) data service.
If you want to visualize your data, you have to create a Data Visualization instance and connect it to Hive or Impala Virtual Warehouse(s) to be able to create visuals. You can create multiple instances of Data Visualization to connect to different data sets and to share with different users.
- Log in to the CDP web interface and open the Data Warehouse service.
- Ensure that you have DWAdmin role in CDW.
In Cloudera Data Warehouse, click Data Visualization in the left
A list of existing Data Visualization instances appears, if there are any.
Click ADD NEW to create a new instance.
If you are creating the first Data Visualization instance in CDW, click CREATE.
Provide the following information in the New Data Visualization
- Name: Specify a name for the instance.
- Environments: Select your environment.
- User Groups: Add user groups to allow user access to Data Visualization for selected users.
Admin Groups: Add admin groups to allow configuration access
to Data Visualization for selected users.
For more information on Data Visualization permission granularity, see the Security model.
- Tagging: Enter keys and values to apply tags to your resources for organizing them into a taxonomy.
- Size: Select the size of the compute instance from the drop-down menu.
- Click CREATE.
Your Data Visualization instance is created. You can open the instance and connect it to a Virtual Warehouse to create visuals, dashboards, and applications based on the stored data.