Deploying a CDV application in CDSW
Learn how to deploy Cloudera Data Visualization (CDV) in Cloudera Data Science Warehouse (CDSW).
Creating a CDSW project with CDV Runtime
Learn how to create a Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW) project with Cloudera Data Visualization (CDV) Runtime as the default runtime.
- Click Projects on the left sidebar of CDSW.
- Click New Project on the Projects page.
- Enter a project name.
- Select the visibility of the project.
- Under Initial Setup, you can either create a blank project, or select a source for your project files.
Click Create Project.
The created project uses Cloudera ML Runtimes that are managed in the Runtime Catalog.
After the project is created, you can start creating an application. You can select which runtime edition you want to use for the application.
Creating Data Visualization application in CDSW
Learn how to create a Data Visualization application in Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW).
- Go to your CDSW project's Overview page.
- On the left sidebar, click Applications.
- Click New Application.
- Provide the following details for your new application:
- Name – Enter a name for the application.
- Subdomain – Enter a subdomain that will be used to construct the URL for the web application. Make sure it contains URL friendly characters.
- Description – Enter a description for the application.
- Enable Unauthenticated Access – Mark the checkbox if you want to allow unauthenticated access to your application. You can also update this setting later on the Settings page of the application.
- Script – Select the path to the startup script.
- Editor – Workbench
- Kernel – Select Cloudera Data Visualization for the kernel supported by the Runtime variant of the CDSW project.
- Edition – Select the edition of the Runtime variant you want to use for your application.
- Click Create Application.
In a few minutes, you should see the application status change from Starting to Running on the Applications page. Your application has a hosted, fully-functional Data Visualization platform.
You can restart, stop, or delete a CDSW application from the supplemental menu of the application. If you want to make changes to the application, click Application Details and go to the Settings tab.
Starting Data Visualization in CDSW
Learn how to start the Cloudera Data Visualization (CDV) application you have created in Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW).
- On the Applications page, click the name of your Data Visualization application to access the login interface.
Log in to Data Visualization by entering your username and password. Use your workload
If you want to log in as an administrator, you can use the following default credentials:
- username: vizapps_admin
- password: vizapps_admin
When using the default credentials to log in to Data Visualization, you are prompted to change your password at the first login.
SSO authentication is disabled by default. See Authentication for information on how to permit user authentication with the CDSW login credentials and log users in automatically.
After logging in, you land on the homepage view of Cloudera Data Visualization. Here you can explore some sample dashboards or access the in-tool Get Started guide for help.