Prerequisites for adding classic clusters
Make sure you verify the version requirements of your classic clusters before you try to add or register them to CDP.
Check the version compatibility
Make sure the following version requirements are met.
- For adding HDP clusters:
- HDP - HDP 2.6.5 or HDP 3.1.0
- Ambari - 2.7.3 or 184.108.40.206 or 2.6.2
- For adding CDH clusters
- CDH - 5.x and 6.x
- Cloudera Manager - 5.x and 6.x
- For more information about support for databases, operating systems, and processors, see the Cloudera Support Matrix.
Verify the required roles are assigned
- Make sure the user can log in as the admin user to Ambari in the HDP/HDF cluster.
- Make sure the user can log in as the admin user to Cloudera Manager in the CDH cluster.
Install the required components
- Make sure Metrics Server is installed in Cloudera Manager in the CDH clusters.
- Make sure Ambari Metrics is installed in Ambari in the HDP/HDF clusters.