Tracking, monitoring, and troubleshooting replication policies
After you create a replication policy, you can track the replication policy job progress, monitor the status of the replication policies, and troubleshoot the failed replication policies in CDP Private Cloud Data Services Replication Manager.
Tracking and monitoring replication policies
You can view, track, and monitor the available replication policies on the Replication Manager UI in CDP Private Cloud Data Services using the following pages:
- Overview page shows the statistics in the Policies, Jobs, and Issues & Updates panels.
- Replication Policies page lists all the replication policies and information about each replication policy.
Troubleshooting replication policies
You can use one of the following methods to troubleshoot a failed replication policy:
On the Replication Policies page, you can:
- click for a replication policy to generate a diagnostic bundle for the replication policy. You can download the bundle as a ZIP file to your machine.
- click for a replication policy to download, copy, or open the log to track the job and to troubleshoot any issues.
Click a job on thepanel to view the following job details:
- Steps that Replication Manager ran for the job along with the timestamp and job details on the General tab.
- Source and destination command output on the Command Details tab.
- Stack trace for the commands that ran on the source Cloudera Manager for the failed job on the Setup Error tab.
You can download the CSV reports from thefield to track the replication jobs and to troubleshoot issues. The reports include performance statistics and file error listing.
- Click for the source or target cluster. The recent command history shows the failed commands.
- Open the service logs in Cloudera Manager to track the errors on the source cluster and target cluster.