Apache Atlas technical metadata migration reference
This documentation includes an exhaustive reference of how Cloudera Navigator technical metadata is migrated into Atlas entities.
- One-to-one mapping. There are no field mapping notes.
- Type conversion. The field mapping notes indicate the new type applied.
- Data conversion. The field mapping notes indicate how the data was
converted, such as from a string to a Boolean value (for example,
- No reason to migrate. Navigator stored a value that has no use in Atlas, such as the system ID. The field mapping notes indicate that the value is not used in Atlas.
- No value in Navigator. In most cases, if an Atlas field does not have an equivalent in Navigator, the Atlas field is left as null. The migration notes indicate if a value is filled in by default.
- Not migrated. There is one case where metadata in Navigator is not
migrated and potentially the information is lost: the Spark operation
spark_process) metadata for
principalis not migrated to Atlas. The
principalis migrated at the operation execution (
spark_process_execution) entity level. The field mapping notes indicate this case.
All Atlas entities share "system" attributes. The mapping for these attributes is described once but apply to all entities.