Adding the DAS service through the Ambari UI
After you successfully install the DAS MPack through the Ambari console, add the DAS service through the Ambari UI.
Sign in to the Ambari host with your credentials.
If you are using a local repository, then specify it in the
- Go to Show Details. and click
- On the Version Details pop-up, click the Edit Repositories icon.
- On the Repositories screen, specify the local repository URL in the dasbn-repo field and click Save.
In the Ambari Services navigation pane, click
. The Add Service Wizard is displayed.
On the Choose Services page of the Wizard, select
Data Analytics Studio.
Other required services are automatically selected.
When prompted to confirm the addition of dependent services, give a positive
confirmation to all.
This adds the other required services.
- On the Assign Masters page, assign the nodes for the Webapp and the Event Processor as per your configuration outline.
On the Customize Services page, expand
Advance_data_analytics_studio-database and fill in
the database details and other required fields that are highlighted.
- Uncheck Create Data Analytics Studio database.
- Set the database host in the Data Analytics Studio database hostname.
- Set the database username in Data Analytics Studio database username.
- Database Password - Enter the password.
You can set the credentials as per your requirement.
If Hive SSL is enabled, set the Hive session params in
DAS configuration as follows:
If you are running HSI in an active-passive HA mode, then specify a
configuration string in the Hive session params field as
shown in the following example along with the rest of the parameters such as
truststore and password:
In the user_authentication field, specify the
authentication method that you want to use. You can specify one of the
You can configure the user authentication separately, after you have added the DAS service. See Configuring user authentication.
- NONE: Specify NONE if you do not want to enable user authentication. In this case, all the queries will be executed as the hive service user.
- KNOX_SSO: Specify KNOX_SSO to enable single sign-on experience to authenticate users as configured in the Knox SSO topology.
- KNOX_PROXY: Specify KNOX_PROXY to use DAS behind a Knox proxy. The user is authenticated as configured in the Knox proxy topology. It also enables SPNEGO authentication.
- SPNEGO: Specify SPNEGO to authenticate users using a token-based authentication.
- Complete the remaining installation wizard steps and exit the wizard.
- Ensure that all components required for your DAS service have started successfully.
- Restart all the affected services in Ambari.