Configure PostgreSQL external database
DataPlane includes PostgreSQL database. It is available as embedded database which is intended for non-production use. It is strongly recommended to use an external database for production environments. After installing the database following the instructions provided with the database software, you must set up the database for use with DataPlane.
- PostgreSQL database is supported in this version. PostgreSQL can be used in two ways - Embeded Database - For non production/evaluation purposes and External Database - For Production environments.
- Be sure to have the database URI, username, and password available.
- The PostgreSQL database server must have been installed and properly configured for remote access.
- A database must have been created.
- A database user must have been created and assigned permissions for the new database.
Open the <installer_home>/config.env.sh file for editing.
Modify the DB Configs settings to add the appropriate connection information.
USE_EXTERNAL_DB="yes" DATABASE_URI="jdbc:postgresql://<host_name>:5432/dataplane" DATABASE_USER="<user_name>" DATABASE_PASS="<password>"
If you need to connect to the database through an SSL connection, modify the DATABASE_URI parameter in the above example as follows:
DATABASE_URI="jdbc:postgresql://<host_name>:5432/dataplane?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory"The PostgreSQL database is configured.