General requirements for DataPlane installation
Understanding the requirements and recommendations indicated below can help to avoid common issues during and after DataPlane installation.
- Be sure to review the DP Platform Support Matrix to confirm you meet the environment and system requirements, including Docker and networking.
- You need to have root access to the nodes on which all DP services will be installed.
- Every host name used with DataPlane must be resolvable by DNS or configured in the
DataPlane containers, so that host names can be resolved between all cluster
Using a DNS server is the recommended method, but if the instances are added to /etc/hosts, you must explicitly register the cluster host names within the DataPlane Docker containers. It is not sufficient to have the host names included in the /etc/hosts file on the DP Platform host. See the DP Platform Administration guide for instructions.
- DataPlane supports only PEM-encoded certificates compatible with OpenSSL 1.0.2k or later.
- If you are using AWS, do not use EC2 instance's the public DNS names to access
Use a public IP address or set up and use a DNS (Route 53) fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
- Have your enterprise LDAP details available.
See Enterprise LDAP Requirements for more details.
- Determine which DP Apps you plan to install and which cluster(s) you plan to add to
Be sure to review the app-specific documentation thoroughly to make sure you can meet the app-specific requirements. For example, depending on your choice of apps, your cluster requirements might change. This includes (but is not limited to) a minimal HDP or HDF version, setup and configuration of Knox, and other cluster requirements. See Preparing Your Cluster for more details.
The high-level installation procedure involves two work streams:
|Installing DataPlane & the DP Apps||
Install and configure the DP Platform and your target DP Apps.
Proceed to the DP Platform Installation guide.
|Preparing Your Clusters for DataPlane||
Prepare your clusters, which can include upgrading, adding and configuring Knox, and adding required DP Agents (per your choice of DP Apps).
Proceed to General requirements for clusters.