Prepare your clusters
Make sure you complete these basic preparation steps for any cluster you plan to use with DataPlane.
- Install or upgrade to the supported version of Ambari. See Apache Ambari Installation for more details. See Support Matrix for details of the supported Ambari versions.
- Install or upgrade to the supported versions of HDP or HDF on your cluster using Ambari. See the Ambari Installation documentation for more details. See DP App specific Support Matrix for details of the supported HDP and HDF versions.
- Install and configure the required cluster services in your cluster.Make sure the DP App-specific components are installed in the cluster. For each app-specific list of requirements, see the Product Interoperability details in the apps’ installation documentation.
- Set up LDAP Authentication for Ambari.
- Set up Knox Authentication. See Knox Authentication for DataPlane
Clusters in DataPlane Getting Started for more information.
- Knox SSONoteUse the following information to register the cluster in DataPlane. Currently, DataPlane does not allow changing the value of cookie to anything other than
hadoop-jwt. This value is used internally by DataPlane.
- Knox Trusted Proxy Pattern - For Ambari 2.7: See Configure Knox TPP for DataPlane for more information.
- Knox SSO