Configure an external database for Data Steward Studio App
Although DSS includes an embedded PostgreSQL database, the embedded database is intended for nonproduction use. It is strongly recommended to use an external database for production environments. After installing the database following the instructions provided with the database software, you must set up the database for use with DSS.
- PostgreSQL database is supported in this version.
- You will be configuring an external database or your own SSL certificate.
- Refer to the Data Steward Studio Support Matrix for requirements and supported
Be sure to have the database URI, username, and password available.
- You need root user access on the DP Host to perform this task.
- You must have the proper role to perform this task.
- The PostgreSQL database must have been installed and properly configured for remote access.
- A database called
dssmust have been created.
- A database user must have been created and assigned permissions for the
config.env.shfile for editing.
Modify the DB Configs settings to add the appropriate connection information.
USE_EXTERNAL_DB="yes" DATABASE_URI="jdbc:postgresql://<host_name>:5432/dss" DATABASE_USER="<user_name>" DATABASE_PASS="<password>"
Your external database is now set up so that you can configure it for Data Steward Studio during the DSS app installation.