What's New in Cruise Control
Learn about the new features of Cruise Control in Cloudera Runtime 7.1.9.
- Cruise Control 2.5.116 Rebase
- Cruise Control in Cloudera Runtime is rebased to the 2.5.116 version. For more information about the fixes and features in Cruise Control 2.5.116, see the Cruise Control Rebase Summary.
- New endpoint for Cruise Control
GET/kafkacruisecontrol/permissionsendpoint is added to Cruise Control that lists the level permissions of the current user. In case authentication is not configured for a user, the GET call returns
Unable to retrieve privilege information for an unsecure connectionmessage.
- Adding MultiLevelRackAwareGoal to Cruise Control
- As the currently available
RackAwareGoalin Cruise Control does not support multi level rack awareness, a new goal was created to ensure that the replicas are assigned respecting the rules of multiple level racks.
The new goal is named
For more information, see the Multi-level rack-aware distribution goal documentation.
- The replication factor of Cruise Control internal topics is configurable
- The following Cloudera Manager properties are introduced in the Cruise Control
- Sample Store Topic Replication Factor
- Metrics Topic Replication Factor
- Metrics Topic Partition Count
- Metrics Topic Auto Creation
- Maintenance Event Topic Replication Factor
3. If you have less than
3Kafka brokers in your cluster, reduce the replication factor in the Cruise Control configuration. The configuration properties are automatically applied for new deployments. However, when upgrading an existing cluster, the partitions must be reassigned for the new properties to take effect.
- Cruise Control now supports Kerberos auth-to-local (ATL) rules with SPNEGO authentication
- Cruise Control now uses the cluster-wide Kerberos auth-to-local (ATL) rules by default.
A new configuration property called SPNEGO Principal to Local Rules
is introduced. This property is used to manually specify the ATL rules. During an upgrade,
the property is set to
DEFAULTto ensure backward compatibility. Following an upgrade, if you want to use the cluster-wide rules, clear the existing value from the SPNEGO Principal to Local Rules property.