Step 9: Complete Post-Upgrade steps for upgrades to CDP Private Cloud Base
Steps to perform after upgrading a cluster.
Loading Filters ... 7.0.3 7.1.1 7.1.2 7.1.3 7.1.4 7.2.4 7.3.1 7.4.4 7.5.1 7.5.4 7.5.4-20668437 7.0.3 7.1.1 7.1.2 7.1.3 7.1.4 7.1.5 7.1.6 7.1.7 7.1.7 7.1.6 7.1.5 7.1.4 7.1.3 7.1.2 7.1.1 7.5.4-20668437 7.5.4 7.5.1 7.4.4 7.4.3 7.3.1 7.2.4 7.1.4 7.1.3 7.1.2 7.1.1
- gRPC TLS configuration for Ozone is supported only on new CDP 7.1.7 clusters and not on clusters upgraded from CDP 7.1.6 to CDP 7.1.7. If you want to enable gRPC TLS on the upgraded CDP 7.1.7 clusters, you must contact Cloudera Support for more information.
- Schema RegistryThe Ranger SchemaRegistry Plugin Audit Directory is not created automatically when upgrading a cluster. This causes the Schema Registry service to encounter an issue. As a result, following an upgrade, you must manually initiate the command in Cloudera Manager that creates the audit directory.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the Schema Registry service.
- Click .
- Streams Messaging ManagerFollowing a successful upgrade, if you want to use SMM to monitor SRM replications, you must reconnect the two services. This is done by enabling the STREAMS_REPLICATION_MANAGER Service SMM property which is disabled by default.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the SMM service.
- Go to Configuration.
- Find and enable the STREAMS_REPLICATION_MANAGER Service property.
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart the service.
- Kafka ConnectUpgrading a Kafka Connect cluster can fail with the following ClassNotFoundException:
This is due to the Cloudera Manager agent not being able to properly create the symlinks and alternatives when performing an upgrade. The issue also occurs when a custom path is set for
Error: ClassNotFoundException exception occurred: com.cloudera.dim.kafka.config.provider.CmAgentConfigProvider exception occurred: com.cloudera.dim.kafka.config.provider.CmAgentConfigProvider
plugin.pathin Cloudera Manager, which does not contain the expected plugin JARs. Complete the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Manually install missing symlinks or alternatives relevant to
kafka-connect by checking
- Ensure that the kafka-connect libraries are present in
/var/lib/kafkaor change the
plugin.pathto a value where these libraries are present.
If required, manually copy the JARs to the location configured in
- If the issue persists, set the
This is the location where kafka-connect libraries are set when installing parcels.
- Manually install missing symlinks or alternatives relevant to kafka-connect by checking