You need to know the prerequisites for migrating Sentry policies from CDH to CDP.
You must meet the following general prerequisites before starting the migration process:
- AWS is your Cloud provider. Migrating to Azure / GCP is currently not supported.
- The source and target migration clusters must be running the following
- Source cluster: CDH 5.16, CDH 6.3
- Target cluster: CDP 7.2.15 or higher
- You can log in as the admin user to Cloudera Manager in the CDH cluster.
- You must have
ROOTaccess to perform the migration process.
- CDH clusters must have been created using Cloudera Manager. Clusters that are not managed by Cloudera Manager cannot be registered to CDP.
- Create an external account on the CDH cluster that has non-expiring access credentials and secret key pair.
- Your source cluster supports compatible versions of Cloudera Manager and Cloudera
Runtime shown in the following table:
Source cluster Earliest supported Cloudera Manager Earliest supported Cloudera Runtime CDH 5 6.3.0 5.1.0 CDH 6 6.3.0 6.1.0 CDH 6 7.3.1 6.3.3
Specifically note that:
- Your CDH cluster is registered on the CDP Management Console. For more information, see Adding a CDH cluster.
- Open communication ports between the source CDH cluster and CDP list.
- When you create databases, you must assign valid roles for tables and grant adequate permissions as well. And the same applies to Kafka.