Streams Messaging Manager
Streams Messaging Manager is an operations monitoring and management tool that provides end-to-end visibility in an enterprise Apache Kafka environment.
With SMM, you can gain clear insights about your Kafka clusters. You can understand the end-to-end flow of message streams from producers to topics to consumers. SMM helps you troubleshoot your Kafka environment to identify bottlenecks, throughputs, consumer patterns, and traffic flow. SMM enables you to analyze the stream dynamics between producers and consumers using various filters. You can optimize your Kafka environment based on the key performance insights gathered from various brokers and topics.
- Monitoring Kafka Clusters
- Describes how to use Streams Messaging Manager to monitor Apache Kafka clusters, producers, topics, brokers, and consumers.
- Managing Alert Policies
- Describes how to use Streams Messaging Manager to create, modify, and monitor alert policies and alerts.
- Managing Topics
- Describes how to create, moidify, and delete Kafka topics.
- Monitoring End to End Latency
- Describes how you can use Streams Messaging Manager to monitor end-to-end latency in topics. Use the latency feature to verify whether consumers are consuming the messages produced in a topic within the time SLA, identify the slow consuming applications that might occur due to an external or process bottleneck, and verify whether the consumers are consuming all the messages.
- Monitoring Kafka Cluster Replications
- Describes how you can use Streams Replication Manager to implement cross-cluster Kafka topic replication in Streams Messaging Manager.