Performing a Data Hub maintenance upgrade
A maintenance upgrade can be conducted on a single Data Hub cluster in an environment, or on multiple Data Hub clusters.
Required role: DatahubAdmin or Owner over the Data Hub
- In the left-hand menu, click Data Hubs and then select the Data Hub to upgrade.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Data Hub details page and select the Upgrade tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Target Runtime
- Click Validate and Prepare to check for any configuration issues and begin the Cloudera Rutime parcel download and distribution. Using the validate and prepare option does not require downtime and makes the maintenance window for an upgrade shorter. Validate and prepare also does not make any changes to your cluster and can be run independently of the upgrade itself. Although you can begin the upgrade without first running the validate and prepare option, using it will make the process smoother and the downtime shorter.
- Click Upgrade.
- Monitor the upgrade progress using the Data Hub Event History tab.
- If the upgrade fails, check the Troubleshooting upgrade section and re-try the upgrade.
- If the upgrade is successful, you can re-enable autoscaling on the cluster if desired.
- If your cluster contains the Oozie service, after the maintenance upgrade is
complete, re-install the Oozie shared libraries and YARN MapReduce Framework JARs.
- Navigate to the cluster’s Oozie service in CM and click the Status tab.
- Click .
- Navigate to the cluster’s YARN service in CM and click the Status tab.
- Click .