Setting Up a Virtual Machine for Cloudera Director Server
Cloudera Director server is used to provision CDH clusters. See Create a Linux VM on Azure using the Portal in the Azure documentation for an overview of creating a Linux VM on Azure. We recommend using the CentOS image published by Cloudera on Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
- Instance size should be D3 or larger.
- Typically, install Cloudera Director in the same virtual network and subnet of the cluster.
- Typically, specify the same network security group.
- Typically, set the same availability as you set on the master nodes.
- A public IP address is optional, depending on the access pattern you use.